Mean Hourly Wage
Mean Hourly Wage
|Accountants and Auditors||$36.45||$41.58|
|Bill and Account Collectors||$15.00||$16.83|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||$16.96||$18.83|
|Customer Service Representatives||$15.44||$16.74|
|Data Entry Keyers||$13.72||$15.12|
|Exec. Secretaries and Exec. Admin Assistants||$26.20||$28.59|
|Market Research Analysts||$30.21||$34.61|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||$19.55||$21.56|
|Receptionists and Information Clerks||$12.59||$13.59|
Property Tax Savings vs Metro Houston
- Galveston County’s property taxes are roughly 15% lower than Harris County/Houston
Housing Cost Savings vs Metro Houston
- Galveston County's housing costs are 9% lower than Harris County/Houston
Cost of Living Savings vs Metro Houston
- Galveston County's cost of living is 5% lower than Harris County/Houston
American National Insurance Headquarters
Growth in Galveston County Occupations Since 2010
- 20% growth in Billing and posting clerks since 2010
- 20% growth in Market research analysts since 2010
- 17% growth Bill and account collectors since 2010
- 16% growth in Customer service representatives since 2010
- 11% growth in Accountants and Auditors since 2010
- 11% growth in Data entry keyers since 2010
- 11% growth in HR managers since 2010
- 11% growth in Receptionists and information clerks since 2010
- 11% growth in Sales representatives since 2010
- Hobby Airport
- Galveston County is located 6 miles from Hobby Airport in Houston.
- Hobby Airport provides international service to Mexico and Central and South America.
- 4 runways ranging from 5,000 ft. long to 7,600 ft. long
- Over 150 daily nonstop flights to more than 40 cities are serviced out of Hobby.
- Hobby Airport is a hub for Southwest Airlines.
- Multiple other airlines have flights out of Hobby:
- American Airlines
- Ellington Airport
- Ellington Airport is one of just ten spaceports in the United States.
- Ellington Airport is located 12 miles north Galveston County near NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston.
- Ellington Airport is home to numerous military operations:
- Texas Air National Guard
- Army National Guard
- Coast Guard
- With its newly christened designation as a spaceport, Ellington Airport offers many opportunities for commercial development.
- 3 runways including one that is 8,000 ft. long and one that is 9,000 ft. long
- Scholes International Airport
- Scholes International Airport on Galveston Island is an FBO with 24-hour service.
- Scholes features two 6,000 ft. runways that are long enough to accommodate airplanes as large as the Boeing 767.
- Scholes has more than 60,000 aircraft operations per year.
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Galveston County is located 42 miles to George Bush Intercontinental Airport which serves more than 40 million passengers per year.
- Bush Airport is the 7th largest international passenger gateway into the US.
- Bush Airport is the 7th busiest airport in the world for total aircraft movements.
- Bush Airport is a United Hub.
- Bush Airport is the 12th largest gateway for international cargo moved into the US.
Taxes & Business Costs
- We feature major tax and business costs advantages including the following:
- No state corporate income tax
- No state individual income tax
- Only state in USA that does not require private companies to have workers’ compensation insurance.
- Visit our incentives page to learn what you could qualify for.
Research and Development