Galveston’s County permitting process for building a new RV / mobile home park in unincorporated parts of the county is simple and straightforward.

In total, the county will require four key items when planning your new park.

  1. Building Permit
  2. Development Permit
  3. Drainage Access Plans
  4. Sewage Plans

Note that parks built inside city limits will require additional procedures and documentation through the respective municipality’s engineering/permitting department. Please contact the city’s office to ensure compliance.

For further information on building an RV park in unincorporated Galveston County, please contact our Engineering Department at (409) 770-5552 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Their office is located at 722 Moody Ave., Galveston, TX 77550.

List of Relevant Documents:

  • RV Application forms can be found here.
  • RV Renewal Forms can be found here.
  • Mobile Home Applications can be found here.
  • A full list of Building Permit forms can be found here.
  • All other Engineering Forms can be found here.
  • IRC Inspections or “Building Coding Rules” outlined under Subchapter F of Chapter 223 of the Texas Local Government Code