- Galveston County is located 6 miles from Hobby Airport in Houston.
- Hobby Airport provides international service to Mexico and Central and South America.
- 4 runways ranging from 5,000 ft. long to 7,600 ft. long
- Over 150 daily nonstop flights to more than 40 cities are serviced out of Hobby.
- Hobby Airport is a hub for Southwest Airlines.
- Multiple other airlines have flights out of Hobby:
- American Airlines
Ellington Airport is one of just ten spaceports in the United States.Ellington Airport is located 12 miles north Galveston County near NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston.Ellington Airport is home to numerous military operations:
With its newly christened designation as a spaceport, Ellington Airport offers many opportunities for commercial development.3 runways including one that is 8,000 ft. long and one that is 9,000 ft. long
- Texas Air National Guard
- Army National Guard
- Coast Guard
Scholes International Airport
Scholes International Airport on Galveston Island is an FBO with 24-hour service.Scholes features two 6,000 ft. runways that are long enough to accommodate airplanes as large as the Boeing 767.Scholes has more than 60,000 aircraft operations per year.
George Bush Intercontinental Airport
Galveston County is located 42 miles to George Bush Intercontinental Airport which serves more than 40 million passengers per year.Bush Airport is the 7th largest international passenger gateway into the US.Bush Airport is the 7th busiest airport in the world for total aircraft movements.Bush Airport is a United Hub.Bush Airport is the 12th largest gateway for international cargo moved into the US.