Galveston County is home to 8 public school districts.
Clear Creek Independent School District
Serves over 41,000 students
- 5,000 staff members
- 5 High Schools, 10 Intermediary Schools, 26 Elementary Schools, 3 Alternative Schools.
- 3 High Schools ranked among the top high schools in the nation by US News and World Reports
- Ranked the best large school district in the Houston Metro Area by the Houston Chronicle and Children at Risk Non-profit.
- 2 Elementary Schools recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools
- Specialty Career and Technical Education courses in a wide variety of areas, including automotive technology, biotechnology, broadband communications, robotics, metal manufacturing, and many others
Dickinson Independent School District
- Serves 10,000 students
- 1,350 staff members
- 11 Schools
- Meets the Standards of the Texas Education Agency
- 2015-2016 College Board of Gaston Caperton Opportunity Honor Roll
- Superior Rating in the Texas Education Agency FIRST Financial Accountability Review
- Texas Comptroller Leadership Circle Gold Member for high standards of online financial transparency.
- Offers a wide variety of Career and Technical Education courses through partnership with the College of the Mainland, including programs in welding, certified nursing assistant, and pharmacy technician.
- In August 2016, the district opened the Dickinson ISD STEM Academy focusing on grades fifth through sixth.
Friendswood Independent School District
- Serves 6,100+ students
- 800 staff members
- 6 schools
- Award winning: UIL Lone Star Cup, Champion Texas Academic Decathlon, Newsweek America’s Top New Schools, National School of Character, Texas Honors Circle Campus Award
- Named as 2017 Best School District in the Houston Metro Area by Niche.
- School board implemented a Character Ed program that led to Westwood Elementary to be named the first State School of Character.
- Offers wide variety of STEM courses as well as a number of courses in career and technical areas through their Career and Technical Program and Project Lead the Way.