To download a PDF version, click here.
Major Industrial Investments
NextDecade, based in Houston, is proposing to build a $6 billion LNG export facility on Pelican Island.
30 acres – Galveston Bay Foundation plans on-site exhibits, offices, classrooms, laboratories, meeting and gathering rooms and exhibit spaces. Education center and headquarters under construction.
Opportunity in Kemah – 88 acres will have access to SH 146, FM 518 and League City Pkwy.
Under construction on FM 518 near Lawrence Road – Huntington at Kemah, a retirement project consisting of 148 one & two bedroom units.
Work has started – Bayou Bend Estates, 58 acres for gated community on Dickinson Bayou. Deep-water access, 47 ¾-acre residential lots. FM 517 and Country Club Drive.
Underway: Bayou Maison – FM 517 at Golf Rd. 4 phases totaling 157 homes. Marina will be built for this development.
Flying Rhino Brewing Co. to open on FM 517 next year
Water Street Square
- Development proposed on approximately 15 acres along the Gulf Freeway just south of FM 517.
- Pre-leasing, Sale & BTS/RBTS Opportunities
Waterfront development: Riverbend at Clear Creek
- Wesley Drive and Gulf Freeway 59 ac. Development
- Marina infrastructure work is ongoing.
- Phase ll starting soon –
- Aloft hotel, 150 rooms
- Spotted Trout restaurant overlooking the 90-slip marina
- River View at River Bend, 285-unit multifamily project
- 80 townhomes
- More restaurants, garden office park, retail and senior housing.
Coming to Victory Lakes: Alamo Drafthouse – 10 screens. Expected opening is mid-2021. I-45 & FM 646
Highbridge at Egret Bay – under construction at 1445 S. Egret Bay Blvd.
- 4 stories, 254 units, 1 & 2 bedroom
- Putting green, pool and a central parking garage.
- First units expected approximately June 2021.
Northern Tool + Equipment – 22,040 SF coming to 200 Gulf Freeway South at FM 518.
College of the Mainland’s new facility for general education and dual-credit classes. Renovations underway at 1411 W. Main. Classes starting soon.
- 100+-acre mixed-use town center development underway on Gulf Freeway between League City Parkway and FM 646.
- Cabela’s and Memorial Hermann Convenient Care Center anchor the development.
- Phase ll: 35 acre mixed-use in progress.
- Abuelo’s Mexican Restaurants
- Sakura Japanese Sushi & Grill
- Little Bella Mia casual Italian kitchen
- Black Bear Diner
- Fairfield Inn & Suites, 110 rooms
- Pinnacle Park Phase lll planned
- Approx. 80,000 SF of retail
- 30,000 SF of office
- Structured parking component
- Water features and green areas.
Epicenter League City Proposed development
- A mixed-use development on 100 acres – could include new hotels and a convention center complex, restaurants, shops and facilities for special events, amateur and professional sports. Predevelopment agreement approved.
- Gulf Freeway (I-45) at the League City Parkway
Proposed: New and larger sportsplex to be built on 106 acres on the west end of Ervin Avenue, west of I-45.
Just opened! UTMB Health League City — $176 million project.
- 5-story, 264,000 SF patient tower within the hospital complex, adding an additional 60 beds. If needed, the hospital could be built to 12 stories, 350 beds, in the future.
Now open – MD Anderson on League City UTMB Health campus. 197,000 SF. $112 million investment.
Completed – UTMB Health League City campus – $82 million – 142,000 SF hospital
Completed – $156 million expansion project — 700-space parking garage, 33,000 SF clinical building and additional 123,000 SF.
Master campus plan is 3.5 million SF. (3 phases over 25 years)
Residential development underway in League City –
- Hidden Lakes – 800 homes on 350 acres. 100 ac. for commercial development. 50% complete.
- Bay Colony West – 1774 homes. 860 not yet built
- Veranda Townhomes – South Shore. 218 townhomes on 26 acres.
- Cypress Bay on Marina Bay Drive – 60 homes.
- Beacon Island – 25 home sites from the $800’s. Undeveloped tracts approved for 69 patio homes, 95 townhomes, 301 mid-rise and 385 high-rise multi-family units
- Magnolia Creek – 1200 homes; 400 not yet built.
- Westwood – 1300 homes; 960 not yet built.
- Bay View – 375 homes; 178 not yet built.
- Coastal Point – 552 lots. 202 acres master planned. 1 mile south of League City Parkway, north of FM 646 and 1 mile east of South Shore Blvd.
Just starting ….
- TownHarbour Estates – 75 lots on Clear Lake just off Lakeside Dr.
- Davis Road development – 90 lots on 30 acres from the $800’s
Proposed development –
- Pedregal – 1,025 homes. NWC of Hobbs Rd. and FM 517
- Lakes of Bay Colony – 120 homes
- Westland Ranch – 1,000 homes. North of FM 517, south of League City Pkwy., west of Bay Area Blvd.
In Galveston County: Proposed is South Lakes – 1,500 lots. Between FM 646 and FM 517, west side of FM 3436.
70-acre mixed-use development including a 12-acre Crystal Lagoon pool –THE LARGEST IN TEXAS. Pool is now open for Lago Mar residents. Public access opens in 2021 on the lagoon’s west side.
35 acres will be sold off to retail, hotel and condo developers.
More than 4,500 homes are planned at Lago Mar, 2,033 acres.
Developer completed 2nd phase of approx. 170 apartments units for Catalon at Lago Mar. Additionally, Lago Mar Apartments are planned units on 15 acres.
College of the Mainland – $300M in projects for a new STEAM building, upgrades and renovations to several buildings, multiple campus improvements, an academic building and an addition to the theater. Lots going on!
Next phase of redevelopment at Mainland City Centre are new restaurants, Aerodium indoor skydiving and 65,000 SF race track venue. Massive exterior upgrades include several water features.
La Marque’s downtown Renaissance District – The city is working to bring entertainment and dining options to its downtown historic district. It’s a revitalization project located in an Opportunity Zone.
Port of Galveston is home port to: Carnival Cruise Line – Carnival Freedom, Carnival Valor / Dream, Carnival Vista, Royal Caribbean International – Vision / Enchantment of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, and Disney Cruise Line – Disney Wonder.
Just announced: Carnival Radiance will start operations at the Port of Galveston.
Port of Galveston is the No. 4 busiest port in North America & 7th busiest port in the world!
A 3rd cruise terminal is planned.
UTMB – $1.2 billion in nearly 200 new construction projects.
- 160,000 SF Health Education Center now open for classes.
- 90,500 SF research facility completed.
330,000 SF Falstaff building redevelopment. Planned hotel, World Gym and retail.
Proposed city center in Hitchcock – Hwy 6 at Main Street.
Could include a new city hall, a community center, outdoor recreational complex, a multipurpose gathering space and a refurbished retail area.
Planned: Tiki Island Residences and Boathouse Resort on six acres.
- Project will include 75 condos, restaurant, boat storage and yacht club.
- Boathouse and waterfront restaurant breaking ground this year; residential component starts in 2021.
Esteban’s Mexican restaurant is planned – the largest!
- 150 homes in Tower Road Estates
- Tower Road Estates: large restricted lots, waterfront & water view
- 1,750 homes are in the works to be located near Tower Road Estates
- 25 new homes in Pecan Trails
- 300 new homes near the school.
Opening this year – Pier 6 Seafood & Oyster House in San Leon
Tannos Land Holdings project near completion – 505 S. Friendswood Dr. 4-story, 63,400 SF office building – approximately 5,000 SF remains for lease.
Another project planned by Tannos Land Holdings: 147,000 SF on S. Friendswood Drive. Retail and restaurants on ground floor and 99 class A residential units on upper three floors. Multi-level garage; pool and sun deck above garage.
Virgata Commons on 14 acres near FM 518 at FM 528
Phase I: 20,000 SF of retail space – Orangetheory Fitness, MOD Pizza, and others.
Outparcels: Chipotle Mexican Grill and Chick-fil-A.
Virgata Phase II – features an additional 30,000 SF of retail and office space
West Parkwood Place
- $4.75 million professional and retail center under construction: Two 10,000 SF buildings at 1501 W. Parkwood Ave.
- Phase II begins after Phase l is leased.
Shadowbend Business Park
- 10,000 SF development at 105 East Shadowbend. Two commercial buildings available for retail and office tenants.
New Homes Coming
- Avalon – 157 acres near Friendswood Lakes Rd. area. Proposed are 259 lots: 60 x 130, 70 x 130 and 90 x 130.
- Sterling Creek – 43 acres. Proposed are 193 lots.
- Friendswood Trails. Proposed: 130 lots.