Galveston County Unemployment Rate: 7.9% (August 2020)
- Friendswood – 5.6%
- Galveston – 9.2%
- League City – 6.0%
- Texas City – 10.7%
Regional Unemployment Rate: 9.6% (September 2020)
- Represents 335,536 individuals looking for a new job
- UP from 8.1% last month
- UP from 4.1% from last year
- HIGHER than the statewide rate of 7.7%
- HIGHER than the national rate of 8.3%
- Employers in the Houston-Galveston region added 20,300 jobs in September 2020.
- The primary drivers of this August’s growth were increases in Government; Leisure and Hospitality; and, Mining and Logging.
- Currently, 9 out of 11 sectors show declines in year over year employment.
- The Texas Workforce Commission has reinstated the work-search requirement effective November 1st.
|More local workforce economy statistics can be found at Workforce Solutions.|