Regional Unemployment Rate: 7.7% (October 2020)
- Represents 265,523 individuals looking for a new job
- DOWN from 9.6% last month
- UP from 3.6% from last year
- HIGHER than the statewide rate of 6.7%
- HIGHER than the national rate of 6.6%
- Employers in the Houston-Galveston region added 38,700 jobs in October 2020.
- The primary drivers of this August’s growth were increases in Trade, Transportation and Utilities, Professional and Business Services, and Leisure and Hospitality.
- Total non-farm employment DOWN 4.8%.
- Seasonal employment remains relatively strong despite the pandemic
|More local workforce economy statistics can be found at Workforce Solutions.|
Updated: December 11, 2020